Thursday, April 3, 2008

I <3 My Roomba

Ok friends....so you all know from being at my house that 2 of the three loves of my life and very furry and shed a lot...ok, so actually all three loves are furry and shed (wink) but TWO of them have 4 legs.

Again and again, we have pondered the issue of keeping our house clean while sharing our quarters with two dogs. I vacuum usually twice a week and it doesn't seem to make much difference. For a while now, Michael has been attempting to convince me that a Roomba would be the answer to our problems. However, knowing how much hair is blowing around the house like tumbleweeds, I wasn't buying it. But, all the vacuuming was beginning to wear on me, so I broke down when Mikey found a great deal on a Roomba on Woot!

Our Roomba arrived in the mail this part Monday and we tested it out last night. I HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO THE ROOMBA PARTY! This things was amazing. It zipped around the whole downstairs for an hour, even going under couches, tables, and chairs, and picked up all the hair. It also detects if there is an extra dirty spot and does a spot clean! It is AWESOME. We even have multiple surfaced floors...it went from the stained concrete to the rugs beautifully and the fringe in on the rugs didn't get sucked up by our little vacuum man! I love it!
Now the dogs on the other hand are not so sure about it. Kona's mortal enemy is our vacuum, but this one isn't as loud and just kind of goes, so she sort of tried to play with it last night. Which brings up my next concern, Kona may play "attack" the Roomba and we will come up to find it broken or in pieces. Dixie on the other hand is afraid of everything, so I doubt that she would muster up the courage to attack a robot vacuum. You never know what will happen at the Waters' house...

Which leads me to my next concern...Michael is turning our house into a computerized robot. First a computer controls our lights, sounds, video and alarm system, now a robot is cleaning my floors...you could almost call us the Jetsons!

2 comments:

Emily T said...

Daniel and I were just talking about one of these yesterday. But, I'd like to get an update in a month from now to see how it holds up. I think the idea is absowutewe fantbwulous ewika!

Kristy said...

Shut up! Andy was just on woot, and I told him how I wanted a Roomba but missed the wootoff the other day. He said did you read Erika's blog? I had to come read it. I want to hear an update in a month too. One of my friends has the hard floors one (cannot remember the name of it) and loves it.